Goss

• Profile photo of Jennifer
    Jennifer
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:38 pm

Okay, so I heard a lot of interesting things tonight from a source pretty close to some diamonds player (I’m not sure how much truth there is to some of them)

1) Kim Green is jealous/threatened by Kim Rav – Rav was offered a contract to play at the swifts for 2014 and she wanted to play there. There was a section in the contract that stated that Green would have first preference over Rav. This was inserted as Green is jealous/threatened by Rav. Not sure on the truth to the jealousy/threatened, but Rav was definitely offered a contract at the swifts.
    Rav has been missing home a lot and has been ‘lost’ while in queensland. Especially away from Jess (sister) and Simone (close friend) and has been wanting to move back to Sydney.
    She decided to play for the firebirds for 2014 and then wants to move back to swifts and demand more money. Not sure about how much truth to the demanding more money, but she definitely wants to move back to swifts as soon a possible

2) Nat Medhurst doesn’t like Rav – apparently Medhurst doesn’t like Rav and never/rarely passes her the ball. This was apparently a factor in Medhurst’s move to the Fever for 2014. I am planning to look back over some game footage to see if this is true because I haven’t previously noticed it.

3) Rob Wright has no idea as a coach – This was also mentioned. I’m hoping its not true as the swifts have had a bad run lately with coaches

I’m not sure if I have recalled everything that I was told. If I remember anything else I will post that too.
    I know some of these things seem controversial, but please don’t attack me. I am just repeating what I was told from a close source to the diamonds.

Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:43 pm

What the hell?

90% of that sounds like rubbish.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Ian Ian.
    Profile photo of TACTIXSUPPORTER
    TACTIXSUPPORTER
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:45 pm

Hahaha i dont believe any of that

Profile photo of TACTIXSUPPORTER
    TACTIXSUPPORTER
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:47 pm

I wanna watch the video of the games now

Profile photo of Ana
    Ana
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:49 pm

I’d believe the first point re Kim Green .. not sure on the other points though!

Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:50 pm

I can certainly believe Rav missing home.

And Rob Wright having no idea, that is clearly someone’s opinion. No matter how good a coach is, someone is always going to have a bad opinion of them. Just because they do, you can’t call it a fact.

As for the rest…..

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of Ian Ian.
    Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:52 pm

Okay, so I heard a lot of interesting things tonight from a source pretty close to some diamonds player (I’m not sure how much truth there is to some of them)

Very little I would say.

Profile photo of Broobs
    Broobs
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:53 pm

Rob Wright likes Cullen, therefore, has some clue :)

There is probably grains of truth here, but seems like locker room gossip more than anything.

Profile photo of gekajo
    gekajo
    17 Oct 2013 at 8:53 pm

Certainly not attacking you Jennifer but I would be willing to bet that Rav had nothing to do with Medhurst moving to Fever and everything to do with establishing a rock solid partnership in time for Comm Games and WC. Do you reckon her husband would be happy to up and move jobs and states over a personality clash his wife was having with a 21 yr old?

And now I want to go watch the games too!!!

Profile photo of Claudia
    Claudia
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:00 pm

I agree, I think Medhurst chose to go to Fever to build a partnership with Bassett for the CWG. Very smart move on her part as already they are looking fantastic together.

Profile photo of sallina186
    sallina186
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:03 pm

I remember Rav’s aunty calling talkback and the conversation went to…

Talk back “she’s a Sydney girl, she should be playing here at the Swifts”

Aunty “lol yeah, they (Swifts) wish”

Aunty Mavis I think her name was.

I find it hard to believe that Green would say/want/demand her contract stipulates that “I am to be the first choice”.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of sallina186 sallina186.
    Profile photo of Ian
    Ian
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:08 pm

You can’t have that sort of thing in a contract anyway.

Can you?

sallina186
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:13 pm

Well, for arguments sake… say you can. Is there a get out clause for coach if the one that has that condition in their contract is having an ordinary season?

Watch your language Sallina *Slap*

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Profile photo of sallina186 sallina186.
    Profile photo of summerhill3
    summerhill3
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:20 pm

I’ve spoken to Medhurst a few times, and her purely professional reason for shifting to the Fever was to get away from being a second WA and to develop a partnership with Bassett ahead of the CGs and WCs. Bell had a great season, and obviously started the CC as first choice GA. So from a career point of view, great move!

As Gekajo mentioned, I doubt that she and her husband would shift states, jobs, houses etc for such a petty reason.

Rob Wright is an extremely experienced coach of many years standing, so I am sure he has a little bit more nous than “no clue”.

The Swifts may well want Rav home, but at this stage of her career she was wise to stay at the Firebirds. Having Green, Hadley and Rav sharing 2 bibs between the three of them would result in splinters – not what is needed for Diamonds players ahead of the next 2 years.

I’m sorry, but I am not a fan of sharing gossip like this. While there may be the occasional grain of truth in it, it is purely one person’s perspective, with no chance of rebuttal from the other side. These players are all entitled to their likes, dislikes and personal life without having to share it with the public. I wouldn’t want such speculation about me hung out for everyone to see, and I see no reason why the players should have to endure it either.

sallina186
    17 Oct 2013 at 9:23 pm

+like

Post reply:

You must be logged in to reply to this topic — Login