We’ve got you covered for the Netball World Cup
With the World Cup fast approaching, the Netball Scoop crew is excited to share our plans for this pinnacle event. We hope to provide you with a detailed, entertaining coverage as outlined below, and welcome your feedback or suggestions.
The coverage is being brought to you by a dedicated team: our writers and photographers who have been accredited to attend, and our support crew who will help edit, upload and update from back home in Australia.
We hope you enjoy our coverage
What’s on offer
The Netball Scoop website
- In the lead up to the NWC we will continue to provide a selection of articles, team lists and athletes to watch.
- Once the NWC starts, we will produce the Daily Liverpool Scoop. This is back by popular demand from previous pinnacle events, and will include the day’s results, injuries, talking points and extracts of interviews. This will be online between 9 and 10 am Eastern Standard Time the day following play (UK – midnight to 1am)
- Selected match reports
- We are also hoping to cover interviews with some of your favourite players, access permitting.
The Netball Scoop podcast
- For the first time ever, we are proud to present the Daily Liverpool Scoop podcast.
- There will be two episodes in the lead up to the Netball World Cup, featuring fascinating insights from some of the biggest names in netball. These include Noeline Taurua, Madi Browne, Norma Plummer, Sara Bayman and Mike Bassett (Caitlin Bassett’s father). The first episode will launch on Saturday 29th June.
- Once the NWC is underway, there will be a short daily podcast featuring results, injuries, talking points and some exclusive interviews.
- We aim to have this up by 11am Eastern Standard Time (UK – 1am) daily during the Netball World Cup. For the two preliminary podcasts, please watch our SM channels.
Social Media Channels
- Our social media channels will bring you live match results, talking points, photography albums of all the action, finals updates, our popular memes, and much, much more.
We’d like to thank the Netball Scoop crew – volunteers all – whose tireless dedication will make this coverage possible.
We’d like to thank our readers and followers – for appreciating our work. Please help spread what we do by tagging your friends, your clubs and your schools into our coverage.
And lastly – we’d like to thank the athletes, coaches, support staff, umpires, officials, volunteers and organisers who take part in this amazing spectacle every four years.
The athletes provide the blood, sweat and tears that keep us on the edge of our seats, and there is a tireless army behind them who make it all possible.
Our best wishes go out to all the teams competing at the 2019 Netball World Cup.