Reply To: Thwaites retires from international netball

Reply To: Thwaites retires from international netball2019-10-24T20:42:32+10:00
Carrol
Participant

I’ve been a Thwaites fan for years. She seems such a gracious sportswoman. Sitting on the bench is the hardest position in the team. Tough emotionally. We so often forget the value of such a player who is there to pick things up when the team is down. It comes without the glory of MVP awards but valuable just the same.
    She has come on with a huge impact such as she did last week in Sydney and seems at her best at the moment. She has never complained about being second fiddle to Bassett. In many ways it’s probably pushed Bassett to be on her game or lose her starting spot. I’ve been frustrated for ages when I see her there when Bassett has had some struggles. I can never read why LA makes choices she does but hope on Sunday Thwaites gets half a game at least and I’d like to see her with Gretel again. Saw them play live together last year and thought it was brilliant
    She will have much to offer the sport in the future. I will miss her poise and grace not to mention her accuracy and drive

Go to Top