Reply To: 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP AUS v NZ TEST 4 (Perth)

Reply To: 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP AUS v NZ TEST 4 (Perth)2019-10-30T00:54:09+10:00

Forums International 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP AUS v NZ TEST 4 (Perth) Reply To: 2019 CONSTELLATION CUP AUS v NZ TEST 4 (Perth)

Jbss
Participant

It was interesting that Taurua opted to go the way of a set starting seven alongside impact players. I suppose they wanted to finish the year off strong but I am glad that the Aussies opted to experiment a bit. Even in our losses when certain position changes or lack thereof were questioned at least it gave the coaches a chance to look at different combos and players in those situations. Australia’s 1 goal losses actually reminded me of when they beat NZ by 1 in pool play, Australia played to win and NZ experimented and sure enough came up with a winning formula the next game. My only gripe was that while a lot was said about Australia not having many domestic combinations, they actually could’ve had a strong lineup with a few key combos throughout. E.g. had Klau and Turner in together, Thwaites GS Watson WA and Brazill C, or if Basset were GS have JLP or Scherian in C etc.
The umpiring has been pretty mediocre for all four tests but the last game was so all over the place, there were times when it felt like Maria or Laura held on for five seconds and weren’t called and then it’s like the umpire realised and counted to two the next time they got the ball. Some really soft penalties were given to both teams and then some players could get away with murder at other times.