Reply To: 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

Reply To: 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)2019-11-29T23:49:25+10:00

Forums International 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1) Reply To: 2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

Ash72
Participant

That was painful to watch but my observations are as follows:
1. Thirlby has nothing new to offer us-her choice to play Malcolm at WA was obviously based on her relationship with Cardwell at Severn Stars-but Malcolm was a C there! Laura did some good stuff but she just isn’t a WA. I would have preferred to see a new WA developed as it has been a problematic area for us for yonks!
2. Corbin: blah blah blah when will it end?
3. We really need to get Fisher and Drakeford-Lewis on court in the next game: the sooner they get used to this pressure the better.
4. Glad to see Williams (whom I have always rated very highly) show how good she is and how far she still can go.
5. Happy to see Cardwell (who I have always doubted as a shooter) have a solid game.
6. Jade Clarke is surely up there with Langman as an ever reliable amazing player who just does her job!
7. Glad to see Francis back-she is like Guthrie in her ability to pull out great intercepts at crucial moments.
8. Haythornthwaite is best at WA (unless she’s playing GA to a dominant GS which improves her GA game: eg Harten or Dunn).
9. Was good to see Panagarry at C: she had a good solid game.
10. South Africa played really well and we were lucky to win. Potgeiter and Van der Merwe were excellent.