Reply To: 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

Reply To: 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)2020-01-19T23:44:20+10:00

Forums International 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January) Reply To: 2020 Vitality Netball Nations Cup – Eng, NZ, SA, Jam (January)

NettySuperFan
Participant

The NZ/England game played out how I thought it might’ve, with NZ coming away with a significant win. I really struggle to see why Thirlby keeps Francis on for the whole game. She isn’t really producing that many turnovers, I would much rather see a Shimmin/Williams combo, at least just to see how they would do. Corbin had a bad game, and it was the right move to take her off, I perhaps would’ve done it sooner though. Carter was exciting in her small run out on court, definitely had an impact, and looks like one for the future. NZ played great, and were almost seamless with the changes. I really enjoyed the Wilson/Mes combo, and I’m glad to see them both play good games, as they have struggled at international level in the past. Such a shame about MSB, she was in some really really great form, and this would’ve been a great opportunity for her to cement her place in the Ferns. Waston and Karaka played well, but I’ve seen them play better, I suspect they struggle defensively against Jamaica.
Poi was great, Souness was meh, Shannon was solid, as was Crampton.
I’m hoping for a SA v Jamaica final, but my head says it will be NZ v Jamaica. It just depends on which SA team turns up for the next two games, and I’m hopeful!