Reply To: 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Reply To: 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL2020-02-07T21:02:30+10:00

Forums Australia 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL Reply To: 2020 SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL

Jinxibo
Participant

I think NA needs to consider what it’s priorities are?

Rolling subs sounds good and of course coaches will take full advantage of the ability to swap players in and out during a game without stoppages. I don’t believe coaches will use it to test their benches, instead I think it will be used to patch-up players with injuries and get them back on sooner or pull players off to give them additional instructions.

I do agree that the fake injury thingy is annoying, so why not simply get rid of this rule?

I’m assuming timeouts are still allowed? that being the case will players ever play a full 15mins quarter with no breaks as they do at international level? LA and the Diamonds will naturally build this into their training but it will not replace doing it week in and week out.

If the main driver for there changes is money, bigger crowds, money, more excitement and money why not just play fast 5? you get rolling subs shorter more focused quarters (hence no need for a bonus point and more TV ads) and a 3 point shot !!!!!!!