Reply To: COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 2020

Reply To: COLLINGWOOD MAGPIES 20202020-08-11T09:39:50+10:00
Tully
Participant

Magpies have recruited Kaitlyn Black and she is currently undergoing 14 days quarantine. Interesting. An older VNL / ANL experienced defender. ANL was with Fury not Magpies.
    They have Brooke Allan and Sharni Lambden as training partners. If they are fit then I’m surprised they didn’t get a call up. Lambden did have shoulder surgery last year but if that is rehab’d then I’m not sure what else she needs to do to get a crack at SSN – perhaps a new team for 2021 could be an idea?
    Allan is a great young tall GK. As a Vixens fan I was disappointed to see her leave the NV pathway but also happy that she got a TP opportunity. Hopefully she can push through though and not get stuck like Lambden seems to have.

Looking at the Magpies recent recruitment they really have focused on more seasoned players (VNL and ANL) as opposed to you g gun rookies. Jovic, Black, Bragg, Sinclair, Ryde – Allan being an obvious exception. They also had Ekka Bayliss and Lind training with them in pre season. Very different to when SSN first started and the first Magpies team selected.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Tully.
    Go to Top