Reply To: Search for new Diamonds coach resumes

Reply To: Search for new Diamonds coach resumes2020-08-27T14:03:15+10:00

Forums Australia Search for new Diamonds coach resumes Reply To: Search for new Diamonds coach resumes

Tully
Participant

This is the top coaching job in Australian netball. Does Akle have the experience? One day perhaps but still a bit raw. Anyway she said she wasn’t going to apply.
    I would say Obst has more experience when you factor in England, the U 21s and Giants and May be considered ahead.

Whoever it is I hope they surround themselves with the best experienced assistants. One theory is Lisa A had less experienced assistants because she wanted players who had played internationally which is something she hadn’t. Who knows but whoever it is I believe needs a strong team.

As for McKinnis having a team of Diamonds that should have won more. Majority are fringe Diamonds with the exception of Watson, Weston and Thwaites. McKinnis can take a lot of credit for the development of Watson, Moloney, Weston and Mannix who have all come through under her watch.

Akle won a title with Wallace, Housby, Hadley, Rore and Haythornthwaite all of whom were internationals when Akle started coaching them and Klau and Turner who have debuted internationally under her (as much as I am not a Rob Wright I will credit him with Turner). So again you could say that’s a line up of champions.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by Tully.
    Go to Top