Reply To: 2020 SSN ROUND 8 – FIREBIRDS v THUNDERBIRDS

Reply To: 2020 SSN ROUND 8 – FIREBIRDS v THUNDERBIRDS2020-08-31T00:40:41+10:00
al_ex
Participant

I was really impressed by Dwan, Nankivell and Horjus on the whole today, but as others have said their inexperience definitely can show at times. I’d like to see all 3 named in that Australia A/Development Team that they introduced again at the end of last year. Definitely stars of the future and hopefully they keep receiving good court time.

Aiken had an outstanding game today, I think she’s the first holding shooter who really beat Sterling in the air. Great positioning and timing. The Defenders were also really strong from the Firebirds and capitalised well on the T’Birds early errors. It was enough in the end.

I don’t know how I feel about Glasgow. She shoots and moves well and is an excellent rebounder but she always seems a bit awkward and hard to find. It’s almost like she’s confused whether she should be playing like a GA or a GS. She doesn’t really hold space but at the same time her timing on the short drives and dodges isn’t really there in the way that it is for Garbin and Koenen. All the injuries haven’t helped of course, hopefully she can keep improving going forward both at GS and GA.

Go to Top