Reply To: Thoughts on a possible Australian team

Reply To: Thoughts on a possible Australian team2020-09-21T14:51:18+10:00

Forums Australia Thoughts on a possible Australian team Reply To: Thoughts on a possible Australian team

Tully
Participant

Garbin? With the exception of one quarter her form has been ordinary. Stanton? Next to no court time and not great when she has been on.Glasgow needs a full preseason and SSN season.

If Bassett is out then as unpopular as it may be I would expect it would extend the international career of Philip for another year or so. Then when Bueta returns she takes that spot. Early in the season I didn’t think Philip was playing well at all but the last two weeks she has been strong and is in better form than the other contenders such as Garbin and Stanton. Yes yes I hear you what has Philip done in the green and gold before but on form name me a shooter other than Koenen, Wood and Austin that is playing better (on the basis that both Bassett and Thwaites are unavailable)? Dwan? Yes, I agree but a year or so in the broader squad. With Koenen and Austin the youngsters are being blooded and with experience around them to guide them. I can’t see the selectors just giving away Diamonds dresses.

They may go for only 3 shooters in the team of 12 and have Philip on standby.