Reply To: Liz Ellis: The Mi Mi debacle can’t happen again

Reply To: Liz Ellis: The Mi Mi debacle can’t happen again2020-09-27T00:42:31+10:00

Forums Australia Liz Ellis: The Mi Mi debacle can’t happen again Reply To: Liz Ellis: The Mi Mi debacle can’t happen again

NettySuperFan
Participant

Heres my take:
After the treatment of the Firebirds and Jenke this past weekend, why would any team want to sign a indigenous player ever again? No other team or coach was critised for not playing an indigenous player. It puts the coach in position where they feel they can’t actually play the team they think is best because they will be ripped to shreads for not playing their indigenous player. Over the past 3 or 4 rounds Dunkley had more than proven she deserved to be the starting, and finishing WA. Is Mi Mi a great player? Absolutely, but you’ve got to play your best team, and Dunkley is part of that team.
I keep hearing the arguement, ‘but is was indigenous round’…. well why don’t we just go all out and only play indigenous players. You can’t play someone just based on their race. Could she have come on when Dunkley was cramping? Sure, but it should be because she’s a good player not because she is a certain race. I applaud Firebirds and Jenke for actually signing a indigenous player, its a lot more than ANY other club has done, or the league itself!
Just like to finish this by saying, as a Firebirds fan, Mi Mi has been one of my favourites for a few years now, and I absolutely feel for her during this week. I hope she is holding up okay.