Reply To: 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)

Reply To: 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)2020-09-29T13:24:30+10:00

Forums International 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov) Reply To: 2020 Taini Jamison Trophy – New Zealand v England (Oct-Nov)

greenasgxld
Participant

England will be whitewashed 3-0 but it will be a good experience for the inexperienced players. New Zealand have a much more consistent playing group than England .

We need good GA backup because without Housby, there’s no real GA. Drakeford-Lewis was out of her depth the last time she played for England and Corbin can’t shoot. Too consumed in doing the tricks and her shooting suffers as a result.

WA is the other position that concerns me. Parsons is OK but she’s never really stood out as a WA that could stand up at the international level. I’m surprised she got a full time contract to be honest. Will be good for her though, especially as she’ll have Guthrie and Clarke behind her.

I’m curious about this defence. For me, Quashie has the potential to be a world class GK but needs more exposure on the international stage. Williams will be our starting GD in a few years time for sure. Oyesola will challenge for that spot too. I enjoyed watching Adio play for Pulse before the superleague got cancelled. It’s good to see Gibson back after her knee injury.

I don’t really know how to feel about Thirlby. At times she’s too hesitant to make changes when things aren’t going well but then again she needs time to get used to this group (then again I felt this way about Tracey Neville and she won the Comm games so who knows?).