Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision2020-10-08T13:35:19+10:00

Forums Australia Caitlin Bassett makes her decision Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

Tully
Participant

I wish CBass all the best. It hasn’t been pretty to watch this year. Most of all I hope CBass is able to find enjoyment in the game and play with a smile.

As for this being used as criticism of the super shot I hope not. For the record I am not a fan of the super shot however, as other teams have shown your GS doesn’t have to be a super shot gun. None of Aiken, Koenen and Fowler played with the tactic of focusing on super shots. Yes they shot them but their team’s game plans focussed on their strengths of their players such that they didn’t need to rely on the super shot like the Giants. Fever, Sunshine Coast and Fever all finished ahead of Giants on the ladder. I would also say it has not been a focus for Vixens and MJ. Yes she has shot them and can shoot from there but their primary game plan is to keep MJ under the post.

To me it wasn’t the introduction of the super shot that lead to the demise of the Bassett – Giants relationship. Hopefully the easy path of pretending it was isn’t taken.

If you look at the Giants players social media accounts over the season there appeared to be two distinct camps of players spending their time together. As much as small groups develop in all teams based on age, interests, personalities etc it seemed pronounced at Giants.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Tully.
  • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Tully.