Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision2020-10-08T14:55:03+10:00

Forums Australia Caitlin Bassett makes her decision Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

enozlas
Participant

Maybe an unpopular opinion but my interpretation of a lot of what she said was that she didn’t get it her way so she was out?

“I came to the club, with the expectation that they wanted me to win a championship”
“….who is more of a traditional goal attack which suits my style of play better”

These are some very powerful words and also rather self-centred views. Netball is a team sport and it is about what is better for the team as a whole, not what suits her individual style of play. It is also heavily proven that players don’t win championships, teams do.

If you compare these words to those of Caitlin Thwaites when she reflects back on her time as a second-string goalie…
“Part of my role for the team is to push and put pressure on our number one shooter, so they have to lift their game. If they have to go to training and work harder, because I’m nipping at their heels and I’m also working harder, the team is better as a result and that is very positive.”

Chalk and cheese!