Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision2020-10-09T11:04:52+10:00

Forums Australia Caitlin Bassett makes her decision Reply To: Caitlin Bassett makes her decision

Siouxsie Que
Participant

I agree with enozlas – a team is a team and is not just about 1 player. I also believe as the Australian captain CBass showed poor form sitting in the stands reading a book at her last match – that is not leadership behaviour, no matter what the circumstances.

However, JF and the Giants in general also have to accept responsibility – it must have been clear after the first year it was not going to work given the strong preference for Jo Harten (which of course the late introduction of the super shot exacerbated further). A release on contract could have been contemplated then. There is no question that KA should have been the GA. I think coaching decisions and issues at the defence end are reflected in the Giant’s season outcome.

There is no question that CBass is well up the list of top GS in the world. It is incredulous that this does not earn her a starting GS in SSN. I applaud her courageous decision to go to Magic and see it as a positive for her, aus netball (our GS is playing against the NZ style after years of playing ‘against the rest of the world defence’) and also for NZ netball.