Reply To: NS EXCLUSIVE: Caitlin Bassett – how my year unfolded

Reply To: NS EXCLUSIVE: Caitlin Bassett – how my year unfolded2020-10-09T13:51:29+10:00

Forums Australia NS EXCLUSIVE: Caitlin Bassett – how my year unfolded Reply To: NS EXCLUSIVE: Caitlin Bassett – how my year unfolded

Netballcrazy1
Participant

Fantastic article! Thank you for taking the time to write this.
I find it so eye opening to really hear from the players themselves how different situations impact their mental health. Bassett has really been lucky that she’s gotten support from Thwaites and Geitz as players as well as NA, Stacey West and Stacey M, and the well-being managers. It is quite clear that the way she’s been treated this season has had a deep affect on her and I really do think she handled herself with the utmost professionalism. On top of that, Giants chased her and she really wanted the move to NSW to be a chance to work on her career outside netball. It’s a shame that although she probably made that known to the club, she struggled to take up many opportunities. The training from 7:30am to 2pm is unlike some of the other clubs so I’m disappointed for her that things were so difficult across the board at the Giants. I really hope she succeeds in NZ, even if it’s a bit of a change at first I think it’s a great move for her. Fingers crossed things turn out well!
I actually would have been interested to see her try at the super shot this season is she was getting quality court time. She said she has been practicing at it so I would’ve been fascinated to see her shoot from a longer range.