Reply To: Australian Development Squad 2020/21

Reply To: Australian Development Squad 2020/212020-10-10T14:57:02+10:00

Forums Australia Australian Development Squad 2020/21 Reply To: Australian Development Squad 2020/21

Montyandpoppy
Participant

I like the way they refer to it as a development squad rather than Australia A (or B!). This way you can think about the qualities that the chosen players have and therefore what the selectors will be hoping to develop. Of course, with injury and other factors, some like Turner may step up into diamonds but I don’t think of this as a reserve type situation.

It’s like, they’ve seen what Mimi has in natural speed and athleticism and they’ve decided to focus on that and train her up. Rather than her being there as a “reserve WA”. Dunkley therefore, was the confusing one for me and I wonder whether Jovic should be there instead of her? Jovic plays with the speed and agility of Kelsey Browne and will be a great player to develop. I don’t really like Stanton as a player because I think she hasn’t stepped up this year (fever fan here) but I think she’d be good in this team because her potential is great. She needs that potential to be unlocked in another environment if she’s not demonstrating her worth at Fever… But she probably didn’t earn her spot and I agree with her not being there