Reply To: Roselee Jencke farewells Firebirds

Reply To: Roselee Jencke farewells Firebirds2020-10-11T21:08:58+10:00

Forums Australia Roselee Jencke farewells Firebirds Reply To: Roselee Jencke farewells Firebirds

Flb
Participant

Friday played for Team Bath. From the matches I could watch she didn’t have a huge amount of court time. Kim Commane was also playing for Bath and you can only have one import in each third on at a time so they could never play together. Commane seemed to be the preferred GS. She had more court time than she did in Australia and she seemed to do some good things, but she certainly didn’t set the world fire. I am not aware of her still being contracted there.

With respect to Gardner, I think most posters on here agree with you that she has deserved the time that she has received on court and has performed well. It is more that whenever your parent is the coach there will always be a perception of bias. I am sure that whatever anyone says having a parent as your coach in a professional sport has extra challenges.

As for Friday, we will never know, but perhaps she would have thrived at FB if they did a better job at understanding their indigenous athletes.

With Mi Mi it wasn’t just the initial decision, it was also how it was handled afterwards.