Reply To: SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Reply To: SSN 2021 signings/rumours2020-11-16T09:40:24+10:00

Forums Australia SSN 2021 signings/rumours Reply To: SSN 2021 signings/rumours

Tully
Participant

I’m rapt. Smith is a possible 10 year player and future captain.

I have no doubt that she had offers elsewhere so as soon as those squads filled I felt confident she was at Vixens.

I am sure people will say they are unbalanced. But they have been training Smith as a WD / C for two years. Realistically Watson will only leave the court if injured. They can then bring a TP into the 10. This is a retention signing that they could not afford to let go. They got lucky to get Eddy back they weren’t going to get that lucky again. Similar to Fraser at Swifts over a WD.

Not sure where all this leaves Sacha McDonald though. Given she can play WA I was sure she would be the young Victorian Shooter they’d sign but obviously Barkmeyer got that spot. Hopefully they still do game day teams of 12 and McDonald can work her way up that way. They really need to let Dehaney go at the end of 2021 to make room for a McDonald / Cransberg /Mundy. I can’t see Dehaney getting much court time at all next year. They can play Weston / Eddy or Mannix / Eddy in the circle if for some reason they need to switch from their standard Weston / Mannix.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Tully.