Reply To: Kiera Austin ACL injury adds heat to Marinkovich’s Diamonds tenure

Reply To: Kiera Austin ACL injury adds heat to Marinkovich’s Diamonds tenure2021-05-06T01:08:51+10:00

Forums Australia Kiera Austin ACL injury adds heat to Marinkovich’s Diamonds tenure Reply To: Kiera Austin ACL injury adds heat to Marinkovich’s Diamonds tenure

al_ex
Participant

Koenen and Bueta are pretty much locks at this stage. Wood as well if she backs up the form she showed in R1. I think the rest of the spots will be about who steps up as a GS/GA. Garbin and Glasgow both impressed in their GA stints, I thought Garbin in particular calmed down the Swifts attack end excellently. Dwyer and the Vixens shooters will be getting a lot of court time. Dwan and Horjus were great last year. I think it will be one of the first two as Dwan is too much like Wood and Dwyer is probably too inexperienced (plus will probably be intensely focusing on super shots), but you never know.

If Bassett wants her spot back she needs to dominate in NZL. Making the Diamonds playing in a different league with different styles and combinations is very difficult. Right now she’s far from dominating, Magic were actually better when she was benched.

Go to Top