Reply To: Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

Reply To: Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!2021-06-25T18:55:54+10:00

Forums Australia Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!! Reply To: Vixens drama! Fever v Vixens called off!!!

netballmum
Participant

Welcome frΓΆnest all!

As a Melbourne based vixens fan, I was looking forward to travelling west to watch this game. My first ever away game. I finally pulled the plug last weekend, when the border was still closed to Victoria. The restrictions were changed on Wednesday to allow travel with 14 days quarantine (a bit rich when only planning to be there for 7!)

As for the Vixens – the 11 players who travelled & the 7 staff were all in Sydney to play in Round 7 (so within the last 14 days) and the WA restrictions imposed this Wednesday – after the players had their weekend off – prevents anyone in NSW in the last 14 days to enter without an exemption.
Apparently, this was forthcoming for the rest of the squad, but not the 3 who had been in northern NSW. Also exemptions were not forthcoming for members of the squad still in Melbourne. This means Vixens had 8 players available in an unbalanced squad – missing 3 of their most experienced players who had done nothing wrong. (Not left a bubble, gone somewhere that might have been COVID ridden, behaved improperly)

It seems a bit rich to blame Vixens, when there was nothing preventing Fever travelling and allowing the fixture to continue – after all Vixens (& Magpies) have both moved home games within the past month to enable the fixture to continue.

It will be interesting to see what Fever do next week – & whether they are required to quarantine on return if they do travel.