Reply To: Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds

Reply To: Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds2021-07-22T16:57:55+10:00

Forums Australia Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds Reply To: Liz Ellis – Who are most likely to shine for the Diamonds

aqua301
Participant

My Con Cup squad would be:

Bueta Dwan Garbin Koenan Wood
Hadley (vc) Hay Proud Price Simpson (vc)
Bruce Klau Weston (captain) – then two of Aryang/Hinchliffe/Jenner/Turner

It’s not like the Con Cup squad have to go to the Commonwealth Games, but I think players like Dwan/Garbin/Proud/Hay/Aryang/Hinchliffe/Jenner/Turner all need some international exposure and to build some connection in case one is brought in mid-cycle.

No Bassett – already has a lot of international experience, sitting out one test series to help knee issues.

No Browne – I think the attacking connection between Proud/Hadley & Price/Hay provides for a solid line. Hadley & Hay have played state rep/a bit of time at the Swifts together.

No Brandley, Charles, Ravallion or Scherian – I think if all are still performing next season they could/should be selected for CG/WC and this series should be more for developing playing stock post Cape Town 2023.

No Anstiss, Parmenter – Opposite to the above, I think both of these players will build into a great international career, however I don’t think our overly talented midcourt currently has the space. Eventually when Watson is back, and with some experience given to Hay and Proud, Parmy will get her debut.