Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-09-21T15:36:54+10:00

Forums International 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept) Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

schmeetle
Participant

As I was only able to watch about 20 minutes of this game, a couple of questions for those who soaked in all 60 minutes of international netball…

1. My first time seeing the “new” (I know it isn’t that new…) short pass rule in action, I reckon The Diamonds are really going to struggle with this. I recall a few people mentioning this in relation to the CC games. Thoughts?

2. The umpires seemed very pendantic about placement of penalty, including instructing which side the out-of-player should stand. One instance Geva was told a couple of times to take a step back and when she finally did, Wilson wriggled forward a little only to be told to step back, then (of course) once the penalty was satisfactorily set took the step in ;-) Is this how NZ and UK umpires set the penalties? Again, I could see the Diamonds struggling with this.

I’m hoping the game can be watched on delay from Australia so I can get a good feel of the game and players other than just snatches of it.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by schmeetle.