Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)

Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v Eng (Sept)2021-09-24T19:52:28+10:00
WeWood
Participant

If I were picking a Ferns team for CWG now, post this series, assuming everyone is fit and available I would go:

Ekenasio, Metuarau, Nweke, Wilson
    Yup, TPSR has probably had her two best games post NWC in this series. But, Tiana has had a taste of being in that environment and I don’t think she’ll take it for granted moving forward. I’m hoping for big gains in conditioning over the summer and next year’s ANZP.

Crampton, Saunders, Poi, Winders
    I thought Kersten was on borrowed time in Tests 3 and 4 of the Constellation Cup. It should be terminal following this series.

Burger, Karaka, Rore, Watson
    We missed Jane this series and we’ve missed Rore since she went on mat leave. For Karaka, she’s got time on her side. Made significant strides with fitness already and then has the off season to get back into tip-top shape for next year. Shades Fitzpatrick in agility and vertical jump.

Dark horses:
    Kayla Johnson – if she commits 100% to the Stars and all it entails, she’ll get a ticket to Birmingham.
    Kate Heffernan – left field, but I reckon Winders will have to play all of next year’s ANZP season at WA. Another cracker season in the middle for the Steel, paired with Saunders could do wonders for Heffernan’s chances.

Go to Top