Reply To: 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

Reply To: 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation2021-09-29T09:23:23+10:00

Forums Australia 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation Reply To: 2022 SSN rumoured signings/speculation

al_ex
Participant

Miller is a great signing for Lightning, and Lightning is a great team for Miller. I expect she’ll get a lot of court time and wouldn’t be surprised to see her starting in 2023 especially if Scherian does decide to move on. She’s less diverse than Williams but really is the best young pure WA available.

I wonder if Firebirds were targeting Sterling and then T’Birds managed to keep her around. I feel like Hinchliffe and Ellis wouldn’t pick up and leave with the signing of Dehaney, but I know I personally wouldn’t want to be sitting behind Sterling for two seasons.

I’ve been wondering for a while if the Firebirds are one of the teams that are really struggling financially. The three start-up teams have external backing and the Swifts and Vixens are exceptionally popular teams. We know the Fever have money. It really only leaves T’Birds and Firebirds. It would explain those two teams losing out on some players in recent recruiting periods.