Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team2021-10-12T18:34:53+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team Reply To: 2021 Cadbury Netball Series – NZ v NZ Men’s Invitational team

WeWood
Participant

Anna Stanley in closing comments said she thought Kersten secured the ‘fourth midcourter’ spot in the team. Claire certainly impressed at WD throughout this series and cemented her preferred Ferns position as WD with the ability to swing to C against lesser opposition. I think she’ll benefit at the Magic with another season (assumedly) in the middle to enhance her C/WD credentials.

I think Gordon’s stocks will rise in Season 2022 with solid game time in the C to complement her abilities at WA and WD. A dark horse for Birmingham IMO.

Metuarau I think has absolutely played her way to CWG over the England series and now the Cadbury Series. She was good for the Steel in ANZP but really stepped-on wearing the Silver Ferns dress. Happy to go to post and her feeding game is superb.

Nweke is a GS, Wilson is a GS. Metuarau and Ekenasio are the two GAs in front of them. Think it’s the last we will see of Mes and TPSR in the black dress IMO.

Burger was great in parts, good in others and quiet in some. Taurua will be glad her and Watson have another Tactix season to hone their combination.

This series was the best I’ve seen from Jury since her breakout in the 2017 Quad Series.

My current Ferns 12 for CWG. (assuming all returning players are fit) and available)

Shooters: Ekeansio, Metuarau, Nweke, Wilson
Midcourt: Crampton, Gordon, Poi, Saunders
Defence: Burger, Johnson, Rore, Watson

Poi to come back bigger and better in 2022.

Five options at WD if needed (Johnson, Rore, Burger, Gordon and Saunders at a stretch).

Kersten, Winders and Fitzpatrick -pillars of 2020-21 – to unfortunately miss out.

I think we could see a similar approach to the Ferns in 2022 as what LA had with the Diamonds in 2018 (basically first half and second half teams).

My thoughts below with either Johnson or Rore dropping into the circle as needed.
GS: Wilson / Nweke
GA: Eke / Metuarau
WA: Crampton / Saunders
C: Gordon / Poi
WD: Johnson / Rore
GD: Burger
GK: Watson

This feels quite clear to me, keen to see if other forumers agree.

• This reply was modified 10 months ago by WeWood.
  • This reply was modified 10 months ago by WeWood.