Reply To: Vixens fined over postponed match against Fever

Reply To: Vixens fined over postponed match against Fever2021-11-03T18:51:20+10:00
Tully
Participant

I don’t have an issue with a fine. I do however, have an issue with the severity of the fine. What was Fever’s for a sustained multi year salary cap breach?

Two things lead to the chain of actions taken by Vixens. One was three players travelling to Byron Bay with approval of the league and the other was WA border restrictions. Does the league take any responsibility for providing approval to travel to Byron Bay? After all, had they said no then more than likely none of this would have happened.

I’m intrigued as to why the Leavue’s Covid-19 decision making process was not enacted. Seems like it would have been a good time for it to be enacted and provide leadership. Why have it if it isn’t used? Will the League explain that?

On the bright side. A passionate Vixens team is one I love to watch. Had so much to play for in 2020 and that was a joy. I look forward to watching a fired up Vixens in 2022.

So far Vixens, Giants and Swifts have all been fined for covid-19 related breaches / issues. Who is next? Will the League review this and provide greater governance to ensure teams aren’t caught out in the future?

Go to Top