Reply To: 2022 QUAD SERIES (Jan) – Eng/Aus/NZ/SA

Reply To: 2022 QUAD SERIES (Jan) – Eng/Aus/NZ/SA2022-01-16T19:01:48+10:00
TACTIXSUPPORTER
Participant

Australia were very good. Simple as that.
    Combinations were right and Bueta was always going to bring something to that circle. Watson also is a rock at WA.

NZ didn’t click.
    NZ are really missing Eke, Poi, Watson and Gordon. Gordon and Poi offer more speed and unpredictability.

Nweke isn’t an impact player. I would start her with Wilson Crampton Saunders Burger Karaka and Jury. I don’t think Fitzpatrick is back fully from her injury.

While it is disappointing, this is the time to try new players and combinations. NZ has lost most of their top players over the past few years and it takes time.
    Grace and Tiana haven’t played against Aus at this level. Kayla and Phoenix were out for a few years. Claire is a WD not a C at international level. Also, this is the youngest shooting circle NZ has ever had. They need time and game experience.

Noels took Vui over, so we need to see what she can and can’t do.

I don’t expect a win against England, but hopefully we see players step up.
    This is only Quad Series, the bigger picture is Com Games.

Johnston was ok for someone who hasn’t played a proper netball game in years!
    I want to see Mila with Gina at some point. Gina seems lost for some reason. Maybe she is lacking understanding with Tiana and Sam.

While it was a thrashing, it isn’t the end of the world and NZ will get the experience they need.

Go to Top