My Ferns CWG 12:
I think a firing on all cylinders Mes will bump Nweke out of the 12.
Very attacking focused mid court but I think our troubles of the last few series have shown we need that movement and flare, especially at C.
Feel like I have more than adequate WD coverage even though I haven’t picked a specialist.
Karaka unlucky to miss out. No room for recent mainstays of Fitzpatrick, Kersten or Winders.
1. Ekenasio – I’d probably take her with one leg.
2. Mes – based on her playing a cracker season for the Magic with Eke.
3. Metuarau – I hope the feedback from selectors is 15 goals a game during ANZP. Cut the cute stuff and go to the post more.
4. Wilson – hopefully has sorted her Stars 2021 shooting woes with this tour. My starting GS alongside Eke.
5. Crampton – her Quad Series form is hardly saying pick me, but she’s the Captain so she’ll be on the plane.
6. Gordon – See her job-sharing WD in pool games and a C change up in the knock out stages.
7. Poi – starting C.
8. Saunders – back-up WA, unsure why Noeline wouldn’t play her at C with Crampton? Fourth choice WD in this side.
9. Burger – I think she’s lost at GD without Watson and would be most useful to this team as WD.
10. Johnson – really enjoyed her GD cameos and think she will be even better with an ANZP season under her belt.
11. Jury – am hoping Manu’a is at GK and Jury runs GD during ANZP to keep the fitness up. Our best bet against the tall timber.
12. Rore – WD/GD/GK.