Reply To: 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)

Reply To: 2022 SSN Pre Season Matches (Including Team Girls Cup)2022-02-12T18:08:40+10:00
Tully
Participant

Thunderbirds should have won that. Lots of fight to come down from 6-7 down twice to only stumble in the last minute or so.

Such a shame that Lucy Austin doesn’t have a contract. Hopefully for TBirds fans she isn’t snapped up elsewhere next year but I expect she will be.

Dwan moving to TBirds is an interesting one. Horjus has the GA bib. Not sure where Dwan fits in. Horjus is very good at WA but they need her at GA rather than pushing her there to play Dwan.

Garrett looks like she will continue on from her 2021.

I don’t think Nankivell played. I did miss parts but don’t recall seeing her and I enjoy watching her play. Williams was at C in the first half with McDonald at WA and Petty WD. Williams had Moloney’s measure IMO in the first half, Moloney didn’t play the second half. Will be exciting to see both Williams and Miller at Sunny Coast come through this year.

Vixens should abandon the Barkmeyer experiment. Not a shooting option at all and does nothing to pull a defender off her GS as they know she won’t shoot. To give away an offensive contact under the post so MJ’s goal doesn’t count :negative: Vixens will have a strong shooting trio when Austin is back though. Weston is in good form. No idea why Eddy didn’t play. Wasn’t Watson’s best game but her connection to MJ is still there and she releases the ball to her with confidence that Vixens didn’t have all last year.

Neither team were close to full straight. Vixens had Samason – Barkmeyer – Cransberg – Mundy on for majority of the last quarter until Simone decided she wanted to win and brought Watson and MJ back.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by Tully.
    Go to Top