Reply To: GIANTS NETBALL 2022

Reply To: GIANTS NETBALL 20222022-03-16T20:43:20+10:00

Forums Australia GIANTS NETBALL 2022 Reply To: GIANTS NETBALL 2022

enozlas
Participant

Watching this game against the NSW Mens team and regardless of physical ability I think the biggest let down has been looking at the players attitudes, particularly JLP who is now a leader of the team. I find her very hard to watch in regular season and I think she’s been exposed in this game as she can’t just steam roll her way through players like she usually does in SSN. The men aren’t falling over like she’s used to and instead of trying to out-skill them she is flailing her arms around and complaining to the umpires. In the course of the game I’ve now seen Parmy and Hay do the same on multiple occasions and they never usually complain so this raises concerns.

I actually think the giants are going to struggle this season, especially if Brandley is sidelined much as the Moore/McDonnell combo really hasn’t looked like it’s clicked and I think JLP in the middle with no real back-up option is going to hurt the giants. Super shots have been their saving grace for a while but I have a sense we won’t be seeing the giants in finals this season.

Will be happy to be proven wrong however…

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by enozlas.
  • This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by enozlas.