Reply To: In-form Bailey Mes puts herself in Silver Ferns’ Commonwealth Games mix

Reply To: In-form Bailey Mes puts herself in Silver Ferns’ Commonwealth Games mix2022-04-16T08:37:57+10:00
Maryann
Participant

First question would be – Is Bays going to put herself forward for selection? She made herself unavailable for the last international series in order to get her body right for ANZ. Her form has been excellent this season but I note both her knee and achilles are strapped so an issue still remains.
    Nweke is still too green for selection – SSN last weekend was a great example of how players should defend against a holding shooter – look at what happened to Fowler. Nweke still gets lost at ANZ level when she can’t get the feed easily due to tight defence.
    I see no need for either Karaka or Johnson to travel with a child, both their children are old enough to remain behind. This would allow their mothers to get down time, more sleep at night and better prepare during the event. Ekenasio may need to with a support person although at 8 months baby could be weaned (that is entirely her choice, just putting it out there).
    Selection wise I think WD will be the most tightly contested position with Kersten, Winders, Sokolich Beatson and Johnson all able to play at international level and have a second position they play in too.

Go to Top