Reply To: Ferns likely to test eligibility rule as players look across the Tasman

Reply To: Ferns likely to test eligibility rule as players look across the Tasman2024-07-05T05:23:06+10:00
Silvero20
Participant

Very cool opportunity for the Players. I wouldn’t begrudge any for taking a shot in the SSN if someone knocked on their door.

But is this really DNT’s big plan? To farm that development out?

Call me a cynic, but she’s had 6-7 years to develop her “world class” Players (What a dumb thing to publicly say by the way. No wonder team morale was/is questionable.)

Arguably she inherited a “world class” foundation when she started, in the WYC cohort. Compared to past coaching setups, NNZ has given DNT et al unprecedented access, resources, investment & funding. For… ? Yes, some ANZ franchises have been ineffective in developing Players – but that’s an enduring fact not isolated to NZ.

If this does happen, and from a Players perspective I hope it does, and it “works”, then it does show that SSN is the best development competition in the world. Because they achieved in 1-2 years what DNT+NNZ couldn’t in their 6-7 years.

But NNZ might want to get a hurry on, because the few open spots on the 2025 SSN registers are filling up fast.

Go to Top