2 POINT SHOT!

2 POINT SHOT!2020-09-01T17:13:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Tamsin Greenway, quite enjoyed her thoughts on the new rule. She makes some valid points.

I guess we just have to wait and see how this all unfolds.

mcleod
      Participant

Tamsin did make for a interesting read. yes NZ won the world cup with their mid-long range shooting.
        It was very high risk, if Ekenasio and to a certain extent Folau, had a slightly poor shooting semi final, Ferns would have been playing of for bronze.

And as for old school Netball. The world’s best GS (Irene VD), never shot form distance.

JR
        Participant

I too enjoyed reading Tamsin’s article; she made some interesting points (pardon the pun).

al_ex
          Participant

IVD did actually shoot from distance a bit in her RSA days. Sank some long bombs at the end of that famous match against NZL (where Taurua played GA!).

Netball players still unsure about new Super Shot ahead of 2020 Super Netball season https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-10/stretching-their-game-netballers-still-unsure-about-super-shot/12415284

CharlesWB
                  Participant

I feel there is a basic flaw in the “people are talking about netball” argument in favour of the “controversy”
                    People are talking about netball are they? Which people? I think it is almost entirely Netball fans who are talking about the 2 goal shot. I doubt any rugby league or AFL fans are suddenly discussing netball because of it.

And, I am sorry, but what a stupid, facile statement from Sharni Layton: “For once our sport has controversy… and I LOVE IT.” Controversy is not innately good. If so, Andrew Bolt must be good for society. :wacko:

mcleod
                    Participant

Netball in Australia would do a hell of a lot better, if it kept it’s fan updated on the SSN
                      Social media from them is a joke, get on Facebook and Twitter etc, and tell them, what is happening regarding the SSN.

NZ does a far better job than Aus at that part, that’s for sure.

You are supposed to be running the “world’s greatest Netball comp”. Actually it’s not Netball anymore.

HDav
                        Participant

Well after being at Nissan Arena for the two games today, I felt that the two-point shot really didn’t add much to either game. We’ll wait and see if the teams with more usual distance shooters (Giants, Swifts) make better use of the options.

mcleod
                          Participant

I was thinking the zone was going to be something special, but it’s not.
                            All SSN shooters shot be capable of that distance.

DiamondsFAN
                            Participant

Yeah, it seemed more special during the Bushfire Relief Match but that was probably due to the donations given after every successful Super shot and the atmosphere that day in Qudos Bank Arena.

Zara Collings
                              Participant

The fact that lightening were able to claw back such a big deficit with only a few goals thanks to the Super Shot didn’t make the game more engaging for me, I just felt frustrated for the Firebirds…

In saying that, it was great seeing young goalers taking the shots they would usually have passed off to the older, more experienced holding shooter – Dwan and Gooden in particular.

Will be interested to see how the shooters I would expect to take advantage of it – Housby, Wallace, Thwaites, Harten and Phillip get on and how much it impacts their scoreline.

Jinxibo
                                Participant

Have to admit it didn’t do anything for me. B-) B-) B-)

I wanted Lightning to win but I don’t think they deserved it.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 162 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top