2 POINT SHOT!

2 POINT SHOT!2020-09-01T17:13:33+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Shooting from a distance, which isn’t even that far from the goal, should not be worth a extra point.
      That 2 point shot area is way to big.

amandalouise
      Participant

I totally agree mcleod. I think it is a stupid idea and I always will – in netball one goal is worth one point. But that zone is ridiculously big – I play social netball in Div 3 and take (and score) most of my shots from that area. It’s obviously designed to make it appear a success!

mcleod
        Participant

I had imagined they would shoot from the fast 5 range, but clearly not.

Jbss
          Participant

I agree that it’s being used to make it appear a success, its a bit stupid though because the commentators have to also make it seem successful ie get excited over every one so the end result is Sue and Cath hooting, hollering and falling over themselves with praise for what are mainly mid range shots.

mcleod
            Participant

When I 1st saw the area yesterday, I wondered what it was.
              Plus it looks rather slippery hope we don’t see anyone damage their body.

nanator
              Participant

The last five minutes of the quarter had great intensity, but it meant that intensity wasn’t present for the first 10minutes.

It’s just frustrating that all of a teams hard work and structures can be left regardless by a super shot system. Lightning closed the gap to a few points and that swung momentum against the young firebirds side and created pressure. Firebirds would have been right in that game if it wasn’t for the super shot.

I’d much rather see a bonus point system than the super shot.

CharlesWB
                Participant

The Super Shot zone was announced as being bigger than that in the bushfire appeal game.

1.9 m it was said to be.

Can one of our resident maths geeks tell me… at 1.9 metres wide, is the area of the super shot zone less than or more than 50% of the total goal circle area?

mcleod
                  Participant

The shooting area is 4.9m in diameter.

CharlesWB
                    Participant

So the non- super shot area is 3 metres in diameter?

NetballNerd
                      Participant

I am really not enjoying the 2 point shot at all! The games so far feel so disjointed and frantic and the structures just fall apart in the last 5 minutes of each game.

NetballNerd
                        Participant

It feels like we’ve gone from the best competition in the world, to some weird version of fast 5, it is honestly a joke and feels like we have taken 10 steps backwards with the progression of netball in Australia. :wacko:

schmeetle
                          Participant

Going on the info from McLeod that the circle diameter? (I think you mean radius?) is 4.9m, and the 2-point zone is 1.9m wide the areas of the two zones are:

Non-super shot zone = 14.139m2
                            Super-shot zone = 23.58m2

(Total area of shooting circle is 37.72m2)

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by schmeetle.
                            mcleod
                            Participant

Yip what schmeetle said.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                              Participant

Terrible decision to bring in the 2 point shot.

netballmum
                                Participant

Is anyone keeping track of whether there is any change in the end result with the 2 pt shot ie if all shots were as per normal what was the score v the score as recorded?

I suspect that it will not change any result & in fact may just result in score differences which were previously being called ‘disappointing blow outs” and are now being called “big wins”.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 162 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top