2019 Super Club Competition

2019 Super Club Competition2019-11-01T01:59:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 196 total)
  • Author

Itba@94
    Participant

The live streaming coverage sucks!!!!

Nesian
    Participant

That was a good days action. A few surprises. Didn’t expect the Pulse get beaten by as much as they did and I didn’t expect the Stars to be as close as they were to the Tactix. Only early days but I’m looking forward to watching the rest of the tournament.

Ian Harkin

Ian Harkin

Day 1:

Collingwood 52 v Magic 33
    Steel 50 v Wasps 36
    Mystics 49 v Pulse 39
    Tactix 46 v Stars 43

Ian Harkin
    TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Obviously early days (Still 3 months to go)

Watched Tactix vs Stars
    Tactix started very slow. Forcing the ball into Bird, while SRicket found her feet.
    Poi is a star. Fitter and even faster than last season! Nathan has so much flair.
    Faka played a whole match! Her timing and fitness will take time to come but good outing for her. I dont think she is ready for international netball yet, she needs to work on her confidence and get that fitness base up.

Wilson is looking trim! If she can continue to work on her shot selection, she will be in the Ferns come Jan.
    Stars will stuggle in that midcourt. Ioane and Mather are both solid WDs, but they are not really C players. MRB and Kara are also WAs.
    Purvis looking fit and fast.

Marshall showed more promise than Fenwick
    Prosser added speed and strength in that circle. Worked well with SR at GS.

Who was that young GA for Stars? Promising player!

Pulse scoreline didnt surprise me. No Eke, No Jury. Losing Souness and Fritzpatrick is huge and will take time to replace them.
    Watched a few minutes of the game, Temu and Dunn looked slow. Fitness work not being done?

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Georgie Marshal had terrible body language for the Magic. She is the import, she should be offering more and working harder. Must be struggling getting used to the NZ game plan.
    Souness is a WA more than C.
    Tong is a promising player. Lacking height for GK but will be a solid GD.

Nelson for Collingwood…. I wonder if her knees will handle day in day out games……Since she pulled out of Worlds for that reason.

Ian Harkin

Fringe players push for Silver Ferns honours at Super Club

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12291998

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Also, interesting to see Margaret Forsyth on the Mystics coaching bench with Wilson. New Assistant coach? If so, will be great for Nweke Mes and Tui

Ian Harkin

Shooting stats:

Collingwood 52 def Magic 33

Shimona Nelson 41/44 (93%)
    Gabrielle Sinclair 9/12 (75%)
    Nyah Allen 2/3 (67%)

Kelsey McPhee 12/18 (67%)
    Abigail Latu-Meafou 11/16 (69%)
    Georgia Marshall 10/12 (83%)

Steel 50 def Wasps 36

Jen O’Connell 24/26 (92%)
    Kalifa McCollin 14/15 (93%)
    Georgia Heffernan 12/19 (63%)

Rachel Dunn 29/33 (88%)
    Katie Harris 4/6 (67%)
    Tamsin Moala 3/7 (43%)

Mystics 49 def Pulse 39

Grace Nweke 37/44 (84%)
    Bailey Mes 7/9 (78%)
    Saviour Tui 5/7 (71%)

Aliyah Dunn 26/34 (77%)
    Tiana Metuarau 13/21 (62%)

Tactix 46 def Stars 43

Ellie Bird 23/28 (82%)
    Te Paea Selby-Rickit 15/19 (79%)
    Jess Prosser 8/11 (73%)

Maia Wilson 17/21 (81%)
    Vika Koloto 13/15 (87%)
    Jamie Hume 7/10 (70%)
    Julianna Naoupu 6/8 (75%)

Baller
    Participant

The players and teams who have maintained their fitness really stood out to me; Poi, Souness, Wilson and most of the SF.

Early days and preseason but it was clear who hasn’t been working on their offseason fitness. I think TS mentioned a few.

I hope we get to see Nweke against Mentor. Personally, though tempted I hope Nweke is nurtured and goes through the U21 route before the SF.

Itba@94
    Participant

Georgia Marshall did alright for a young player & being in a new team..if she wasn’t there then Magic probably would have lost by more than what they managed!!!!

Bluebird
    Participant

Who apart from Candappa is missing from Wasps attack? Their website, like all UK superleague, is out of date.

Bird seems to keep on improving, Dunn just isn’t. Pulse really seemed to struggle in attack, and I thought Hume looked much more relaxed and comfortable playing with Stars.

TrentA
    Participant

Well, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by what I saw yesterday. Watched Steel/Wasps and Mystics/Pulse.

Shooting for Steel by O’Connnell and McCollin was excellent. Heffernan still a bit wobbly and trying long shots that she didn’t need to. Intensity was good even with the changes made during the game.
    Wasps a tad slow to begin, but by the end were keeping pace. Dunn will need to play every game as the other 2 were dodgy. And they only have 11 players.

Mystics looking sharp. If in doubt hiff it into Nweke. Who had very good hands and took most of the high balls into her. Clearly Nweke is the shooting weapon of choice for Mystics. And why not? It’ll be interesting to see if the Tui/Mes combo is used at all.

Pulse were ok. A couple of missed shots in that last qtr that could’ve pulled them to within 1, and then the game got away on them. Metuarau is fantastic at feeding and creating play and space, but her shooting isn’t as accurate as it once was. Mind you Dunn was only on 76%.

Most accurate shooting by a NZ team – Steel on 83%. But if their two main shooters keep up those %s and the team get turnover ball, Steel will be fine next season.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition