2019 Super Club Competition

2019 Super Club Competition2019-11-01T01:59:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    Participant

JR – Katie Harris IS their first choice GA. With Dunn at GS and Msomi at WA or C, she’s been protected as she works her way into games…from memory, she’s quite young, but certainly responds once she gets her head into gear.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Tactix had a few good moments against Collingwood, but experience pulled through.
    Nelson played 2 games in 2 days. Knee issue improved?

Fenwick Marshall did well considering no Watson or Faka.

That is the Wasps full team, right?if so, it shows the England league is a lot weaker that NZ AND Aus. Thought they would be more competitive!

Looking like Magic v Tactix will decide the final spot in semis on their side of the draw

Steel Pulse Mystics will come down to percentage.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Didn’t watch Steel match, but sounds like they are super fit and building for another strong season.
    Georgie Heffernan was average at BEKO shooting wise, but she is picking up her game.

So exciting to see the depth developing in the shooting circle.
    Prosser Tui Nweke are 3 players replacing average shooters and are overall better players (Bevo Leaver replaced for Prosser, Tui and Nweke replacing Hume and Brice)

Stars fitness seem to be an issue. Skilful players, but looking like fitness isn’t up to standard

JR
    Participant

Thanks Fluffy. Shame Msomi isn’t there.

NettySuperFan
    Participant

I think Msomi isn’t playing for Wasps next season. I think she has decided to coach in South Africa instead, but I could be wrong. Comments on Wasps… I think it was pretty expected that they would be one of the worst performing teams over the comp, but in saying that, this Wasps team isn’t as strong as it was last season, or the two seasons before that, and I wouldn’t be surprised if the team that won the 2017 premiership could take it to these NZ teams.

NZChampion
    Participant

I’m glad all teams are running their bench. I’m impressed with Magpies, Steel, Tactix, Mystics and Wasps newbies and bench. Very impressed with all players under 20. Some real depth being built.

I’m also glad that our shooters get play against Geva. Bird certainly had her work cut out, but I thought overall she did pretty well against Geva.

Ian Harkin

Stars v Magpies first up for Day 3…

https://netballnz.streamamg.com/

Ian Harkin

1/4 time: Magpies 15-7

Waylay
    Participant

3 qtr time. Magpies lead 42-29. Better third quarter from the Stars. Naoupu & Wilson looks to be their best shooting combo so far.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Collingwood 53 v Stars 41

Nelson 36/38 for Collingwood and Wilson 31/33 for Stars.

Ian Harkin

Full time: Mystics 52 v Wasps 31

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Magic signing Souness is a very smart move! She is one of the best WAs in the country and will only get better once she learns to work with Sinclair and Fowler. Could be a very strong midcourt.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Tactix not doing well. Magic playing their top attacking line. Impressive and will only get better. Another import in NZ looking at bench warming.

NZChampion
    Participant

Steel off to a nightmare start wow.

JR
    Participant

Magpies clearly on top of Pool B, then Magic, Tactix and Stars. If Pulse keep this up they’ll be top of Pool A on % over Mystics then Steel – all on 2 wins and 1 loss.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition