2019 Super Club Competition

2019 Super Club Competition2019-11-01T01:59:34+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Rore MVP.

What a year she’s had. Might not be BEST player in the world, but must be player of the year for all her achievements.

Baller
    Participant

Besides the Stars, all the NZ teams lost one game. It is going to make 2020 a very interesting season.

After three days of netball, the SF’s stood out like sore thumbs. I hope Poi or Souness get an opportunity in Jan.

Ian Harkin

Magic 51 v Tactix 43

Pulse 51 v Steel 28

Wow, what happened to Steel???

JR
    Participant

Why are the SFs top of each pool and 2nd in each pool NOT A1 v B2 and A2 v B1. I think that’s unfair if the two top teams don’t both get a chance to make the GF on Friday.

Nesian
    Participant

Did not expect the Pulse to blow out the Steel like that. I’m sorry but why they contracted Heffernan as a shooter is beyond me. Shot 70% in the beko league and just does not look to be getting any better.

Thought Fafita was again very good, very physical.

JR
    Participant

Steel: low number of shots – Pulse had 11 more goals to the number of shots that Steel put up. And only 70% conversion

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by JR.
    Waylay
    Participant

Agree. I’ve been trying to pick my Ferns 12 this week. 10 of them pick themselves I think (based off past performances plus this week)

Wilson, Selby-Rickit, Ekenasio
    Crampton, Saunders, Langman (assuming Langman is available)
    Burger, Rore, Karaka, Watson.

Mes will probably take the 4th shooting spot and deservingly so, I think she has played GA beautifully this week. Nweke has been the only other shooter to put international worthy performances out there, but she still lacks consistency – I’d expect her to be a Fern within 12 months though.

I’ve been really impressed with Reuleu-Buchanan in her two outings. I’m picking her as a bolter. Souness and Poi have also been consistent and would be deserving of spots. Tayla Earle must also be on the fringe, however I think Earle and Nweke will get picked as a combo in 12 months time.

Sokolich-Beatson is also in great form. It’s unfortunate for her that she is a like-for-like with Karin Burger, and Burger at the moment is untouchable. So she will probably just miss out.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Waylay.
    Ian Harkin

JR, did they show a table today? I’m pretty sure they’re using the points system where you get a bonus point for losing by 5 goals or less. In that case, Mystics finished top of their group and Pulse 2nd.

Ian Harkin

Collingwood 53 def Stars 41

Shimona Nelson 36/38 (95%)
    Nyah Allen 7/8 (88%)
    Gabrielle Sinclair 7/9 (78%)
    Nat Medhurst 3/3 (100%)

Maia Wilson 31/33 (94%)
    Juliana Naoupu 6/9 (67%)
    Vika Koloto 4/6 (67%)

Mystics 52 def Wasps 31

Saviour Tui 23/25 (92%)
    Grace Nweke 19/24 (79%)
    Bailey Mes 10/11 (91%)

Rachel Dunn 20/23 (87%)
    Katie Harris 8/11 (73%)
    Tamsin Moala 3/5 (60%)
    Alexia Baker 0/2 (0%)

Magic 51 def Tactix 43

Kelsey McPhee 32/40 (80%)
    Georgia Marshall 10/12 (83%)
    Abigail Latu-Meafou 9/11 (82%)

Te Paea Selby-Rickit 20/22 (91%)
    Ellie Bird 19/21 (91%)
    Jess Prosser 4/4 (100%)

Pulse 51 def Steel 28

Aliyah Dunn 26/30 (87%)
    Ameliaranne Ekenasio 20/23 (87%)
    Tiana Metuarau 5/6 (83%)

Jennifer O’Connell 17/23 (74%)
    Kalifa McCollin 11/13 (85%)
    Georgia Heffernan 0/4 (0%)

Ian Harkin

The semi finals have been set. Rest day tomorrow. These games will be on Thursday…

Teams 5-8:
    Tactix v Wasps
    Steel v Stars

Semi-finals:
    Collingwood v Pulse
    Mystics v Magic

sevm
    Participant

Poi and Souness are playing superbly. Hope they get taken to the Quad Series in January.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

Base on this week and previous performances….

I would take 15 players (training partners)

Wilson Mes Folau Eke SRicket (still not sold on Wilson but Dunn/Nweke are not ready YET

Langman Crampton Poi Souness Saunders (new cycle, so maybe it’s not future planning to take Saunders and Langman but don’t think Earle Gordon MRB are deserving yet)

Watson Burger Karaka Rore MSB (lacking height, but with Faka Jury Mikaere all coming back from injuries there are not many options) Fitzpatrick might get in over MSB though

NZ teams are looking fitter overall, but still too many players not up to standard. Early days though

JR
    Participant

<<JR, did they show a table today? I’m pretty sure they’re using the points system where you get a bonus point for losing by 5 goals or less. In that case, Mystics finished top of their group and Pulse 2nd.>>

Hi Ian, they didn’t mention the 5 goals or less scoring system. Mystics won 2 games and lost to Steel 39-53 so not sure how it would apply to them anyway. None of Steel, Pulse or Mystics lost their losing game by less than 5.

Pulse’s % was 125, and Mystics 113.

Curious.

NZChampion
    Participant

Mystics lost 41-45 to Steel JR. 😬

Ian Harkin

Yeah, Mystics lost by only 4 against Steel, JR.

You must have looked at the score between Magic & Stars in the following game. THAT was 53-39.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 196 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2019 Super Club Competition