2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)2019-11-07T11:45:08+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Halftime

South Africa 27 England 29

Still fairly even but there was a strange incident in the middle. Williams (GD Roses) asked for time. Armstrong-Lush called time and the Roses made changes to their GD & GK, and Williams went to sit on the bench. The game was about to restart, when Armstrong-Lush said that she had called time to get the floor wiped not for Williams. So all the players had to be change back.

Jinxibo
      Participant

Didn’t see your post Ian, yeah i agree but they did the same thing in the last game Lenise took any extra pass instead of shooting to pull it back to 1 goal at quarter time

Ash72
        Participant

Corbin is having a better game (in that shes actually putting shots up) but I just don’t enjoy watching her at GA: it’s so nerve wracking: I’m just constantly waiting for her to do crazy stuff!

Jinxibo
          Participant

ha ha i was about to comment about Corbin and she makes a mistake and SA draw level at 30 all.

Great to see Fisher on at GS

Ash72
            Participant

Quashie needs to move her feet more, she’s letting Burger hold a lot of back space and is being constantly pulled for crashing into her.
              Fisher looks nervous but sunk her 4 first shots….We really need to get her used to this pressure: I think she’s up to it.

Ash72
              Participant

Okay either put Cardwell back on at GA or get Drakeford-Lewis on now please!

Jinxibo
                Participant

QTR 3

South Africa 41 England 43

Jinxibo
                  Participant

Agree Ash, think it’s time for Corbin to come off. Nat H looks a bit heavy legged too. I think Sophie DL plays wa too lets see her.

Fisher only missed 1 goal

SA v Eng Test 2

3/4 time: Eng 43-41

The lead is still 2 so an even quarter. Really anyone’s game, but from a neutral watcher, it just seems that England has the answers so far. George Fisher has come on strong. Meanwhile Sigi Burger has 20/20 at the other end.

Jinxibo
                      Participant

Players from both teams are feeling the effects of the extra time during qtr 3. Both teams making footwork errors.

Jinxibo
                        Participant

Full time

South Africa 52 England 59

Ash72
                          Participant

That was impressive from Fisher. There was a lot of frantic play going on around her but I think she handled it well. She can only grow.
                            Meanwhile have I ever said how fab I think Williams is?!?

SA v Eng Test 2

Full time: Eng 59-53

Even though the scores were close for the majority of the game, England always appeared the more likely winner. They were more calm and composed and looked after possession far better. SA were tentative and the Roses capitalised.

Jinxibo
                              Participant

MVP Nat H

Star for me in this game was actually Fisher, even though she only played the 2nd half. She came on so strong and composed and she combined well with Corbin. The defence again stood up as well. SA still has a problem in working out what their shooting combination is.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 124 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top