2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)

2019 Test Series – South Africa v England (Nov 29-Dec 1)2019-11-07T11:45:08+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
  • Author
    Participant

SDL is looking a bit lost but her shots are going in. Maybe would’ve been better to let her first cap be with an experienced GS, so there was some leadership in there?
      Can’t decide if she should stay on for the experience or come off?

Ash72
      Participant

Meanwhile Potgeiter apparently can play GA!!!?

Jinxibo
        Participant

Yesterday Jess said she wouldn’t just put players on to because the series was in the bag, she wanted a white wash. It looks to me she has just put the players so they can gain experience…
          She should have started an experienced team and brought SDL at halftime

Jinxibo
          Participant

Okay that’s another first for me, the game was stopped so Malcolm can get bird poo wiped from her hair and dress urgh

Ash72
            Participant

I agree Jinxibo and isn’t good for building confidence…SDL is a good GA but she looked like a rabbit in the headlights out there. Hopefully her next experience will be with H or H….Fisher also looked under a lot of pressure and her shooting action looked so nervy!
              I also think Francis and Shimmin don’t work as a combo and we’re giving away a lot of height down that end….oh well let’s see what second half brings.

Jinxibo
              Participant

Halftime

South Africa 27 England 21

Both teams have new combos on court but SA settling and playing much better. The defence is getting turnovers and the attack is sharp. Roses are getting very few turnovers and missing vital shots, not sure they can pull this back

Ash72
                Participant

Also sorry to keep harping on but Haythornthwaite is working her guts out: who have we got to bring on at WA to give her a rest?! Oh yes that would be one of our several WD’s?

Jinxibo
                  Participant

Have to admit I wanted more from Shimmin and for some reason I always think of her as a GK. I think I would have had Francis and Shimmin the other way around.

Jinxibo
                    Participant

WA is one of SDL positions. i wonder if that was the plan start SDL at GA and move her across afterward.

I’d put Jadey at WA and have Nat P and Malcolm C

SA v Eng Test 3

1/2 time: SA 27-21

SA have been on top from the start, getting a lead of 8-2 and maintaining that sort of gap. Their defence has been on top so far. Drakeford-Lewis didn’t have a great time out there and she was replaced by Corbin. Eng not out of it.

Ash72
                        Participant

This South African 7 are playing so fluently together and I really like Vimbela at GD, she’s much better there than at GK (where she constantly contacts and obstructs). I’m really impressed with their development over these matches and they deserve to win based on how both teams are playing.

Ash72
                          Participant

England coming back and it’s 33-31, maybe time for Msomi and Raderman to come on?

Ash72
                            Participant

Malcolm and Williams have turned it around for us and even Corbin is doing her bit 35-35

Jinxibo
                              Participant

WOW 35 all

Jinxibo
                                Participant

and 5 mins left

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top