2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP

2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP2019-06-29T10:27:54+10:00

Forums 2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster

Let’s have a go at this. It’s tricky because we only know the first 3 days of the schedule. The rest is all based on performances during the tournament. But with these big tournaments, I like to get people to tip on the whole thing before the first game. 1) because then it’s the same for everyone. And 2) because it’s a big challenge!

Please read carefully so you don’t make mistakes. I have tried to make it as easy as I can for you.

Stage one: There are 24 games over three days. Simply tip who you think will win each game and by how many. In stage one, there is no extra time, so you can pick a draw if you wish, but you won’t get any extra bonus points for doing so.

1 point for tipping the winner
    1 bonus point if you get the margin spot on.

Stage two: Now comes the hard part where we have to predict who’s going to be playing who. I have picked out 8 matches from Groups F & G which really should be happening. If for some strange reason one or more of those matches don’t eventuate, it will just be bad luck and we’ll just disregard those tips. Again, tip who you think will win and by how many. In stage two, just like stage one, you can pick a draw if you wish, but you won’t get any extra bonus points for doing so.

2 points for tipping the winner
    2 bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Semi finals: From now on, it’s up to you. You have to nominate which teams are going to be playing in which semi finals. Your predictions for the games I’ve chosen from Stage two should help guide you. One semi final will be the top team from Group F v the 2nd team from Group G. The other semi will be the 2nd team from Group F v the top team from Group G. So, write down the 2 teams playing in the game, who wins and by how many. Please note… Australia and New Zealand can’t meet in a semi-final and also England, Jamaica or South Africa can’t meet either, so if you have those match ups, you’ve done something wrong. Note that all of the games from now on are played to a finish with no draws.

2 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    4 points for picking the winner
    2 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    2 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Playoffs: The 5th v 6th playoff is for the best 2 teams out of those who finished 3rd or 4th in groups F & G and didn’t make the semis. The 3rd v 4th playoff is of course for the 2 semi final losers. Again, you have to nominate which teams are going to play in these games, who wins and by how many.

2 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    4 points for picking the winner
    2 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    2 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

Final: The big one. Of course it’s the 2 semi final winners. Nominate the 2 teams playing in it, who wins and by how many.

3 points if you correctly pick both teams playing in the game
    6 points for picking the winner
    3 bonus points for being closest with the margin
    3 extra bonus points if you get the margin spot on.

These might help you (or confuse you). The stage one groups and competition format…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums 2019 WORLD CUP TIPPING COMP