2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX

2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX2020-09-01T17:12:48+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
  • Author

Bluebird
        Participant

I dont understand why the Tactix attack wasn’t changed. It just wasn’t working at all. Bird’s goal for next season should be to increase her range, and to always turn to post. So often she didn’t even look to see how close she was. TPSR doesn’t seem to be able to perform in these high pressure games. I’d be surprised if she makes it into the Ferns squad.

Charlotte Elley is so underated.

Pulse, so strong. Be interesting to see if all the players re-sign.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
          Participant

Elley was so good at WD.

Hopefully Tactix can keep the starting 7 plus Prosser and Nathan for sure!
            Would be making a play for another GD WD slide player

Baller
              Participant

Hard luck Tactix, maybe just a warm up for next year.

Congratulations the Pulse. They had they start they wanted and put the pressure on.

Looking forward to SF wider squad selection. Gordon one of my bolters!

englishrose21
                Participant

A strange flat game.
                  Not why I was expecting. I think Tactix showed their finals inexperience which is fine. They’ll be back next year if they can keep this team.
                  Pederson really didn’t perform and couldn’t get the ball in to the shooters. I thought Poi and Elley were amazing. The feeders just weren’t seeing/or maybe just not trusting Birds hold but I thought she was on a lot of the time.
                  When Jane Watson can successfully feed the shooter 3(?) times you know something isn’t on.
                  I do agree with the comment that Tactix lost it rather than Pulse won it, they had the chance to capitalise but didn’t take the opportunity. I don’t think pulse ever got out of 4th gear because they didn’t have to?
                  Looking forward to the ferns selection. I think Jury may have just made a space for herself ?

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                  Participant

Jury had one good game in the last few weeks. Tonight. I don’t think she will do much against Harten Housby Fowler Bassett Pogeiter.

Gordon and Dunn for sure in the Ferns

al_ex
                    Participant

I think TPSR really showed today why she is a step below Dunn, Ekenasio and Wilson. If I were Taurua I’d only have 3 shooters in the 12, take 4 in a wider team of 14 in case of an injury before game days. Versatility in the midcourt and defence is far more likely to make a positive impact.

NZChampion
                      Participant

Yeah Noeline doesn’t really select players based on performances alone. Fitness is the true benchmark. But I think Jury is heading in the right direction to get chosen. May not be now, but in the future. As with a few players.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                        Participant

Think Pederson and Fakahakaou might only make the Development squad after that

Poi SR Watson Ferns with Elley a dark horse

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                          Participant

I wonder if we will see some announcements regarding players stepping away tomorrow before the squad is named.

Won’t be surprised to see Ekenasio or Rore announce something

Nesian
                            Participant

Yes, Fitness is going to determine whether the likes of Jury, Faka and Dunn make the Ferns. I hope they do but I know the standards have gone up even more so it might be tricky.

The Pulse were good from defence to mid to attack. They were all singing from the same song sheet whereas the Tactix seemed to be a bit disjointed particularly in the attack end.

I wouldn’t have had Gordon in my SF’s selection but she really stood out in this game and I know if the Tactix had won that Poi would have got the MVP because those two ladies were outstanding tonight. I would have put Poi ahead of Gordon and the thought of having those two playing in the same black dress would be amazing.

Great win Pulse, Tactix will take learnings from this and will be better this year.

I think the Pulse will lose a couple of players next season but I’ve heard that Burger, Gordon and Jury signed two year contracts so they will be there next season.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                              Participant

Fuller confirmed 16 to be announced. 10 in development squad.
                                Will come down to fitness. So, will be interesting to see if Dunn can get there. If not, won’t be many shooters….

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 93 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top