2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX

2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX2020-09-01T17:12:48+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great game but I’m biased coming from Welly. Pulse just too good and game was pretty much decided after the first quarter. Really demonstrated to me the value of the 2 point shot they are running in the Suncorp which enables teams to keep in the game if they have good long shooters and catch up even if they are behind 10 or 12 goals.

Whole Pulse team impressed, particularly Gordon. Dunn showed her strength on the hold, Watson, one of the premium defenders in the NZ league, just went flying, a couple of times in encounters with Dunn. Would be so interesting to see how the Pulse team lined up against some of the Suncorp teams. I believe Dunn would be physically strong enough to compete in that league against the likes of Mentor, Weston, Jenner etc.

The NZ teams have to try and get some exposure in the Suncorp league, it’s just that much faster and more physical. NZ players are going to be disadvantaged if they do not get to play in that league. I really do believe we squeaked home in the World Cup on the back of Folau’s long shooting. Will be very interesting to see how the Ferns do without Folau if the trans tasman internationals are played.

TB
    Participant

I think Eke played a big part in those long bomb shots too.

I don’t believe our girls need to play in the SSN, to be competitive at international level. I quite liked the standard they were playing in NZ.
    The SSN is such a different competition now. The 2 pointer is one thing, but the rolling subs (IMO) won’t really benefit them at international level. I feel some players lose that feel of working through the game, when in a little slump.

Ian Harkin

Just a matter of interest… there were only 2 shots (1 from each side) in the entire grand final that were from “super shot” range. I thought that was interesting considering that Ekenasio is usually not afraid to shoot from any distance, and TPSR a bit the same.

Viewing 3 posts - 91 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP GRAND FINAL – PULSE v TACTIX