2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STARS v MYSTICS

2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STARS v MYSTICS2020-03-14T19:31:17+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STARS v MYSTICS

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Who was player of the match? Karaka maybe?

moley02
    Participant

Yup Karaka was player of the match

mcleod
    Participant

Looking good for the World Youth Cup next year, Nweke, Tui, Earle, Gordon. Just need a couple defenders then all sorted.

NZChampion
    Participant

Is Taneisha Fifita elegible? Looked really good in pre-season. Maybe the Heffernans as well?

DiamondsFAN
    Participant

Any idea why Purvis didn’t play??

Waylay
    Participant

Yep Fifita is elibible. Heffernan’s are too old. Renee Savai’inaea from Pulse is also eligible. She’s a C/WD for Pulse but could be a GD/WD for World Youth. Metuarau also still eligible which is amazing given that she played at the last WYC!

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Waylay.
    TACTIXSUPPORTER
    Participant

On a side note, Emily Burgess was on the Mystics team sheet and is also named in the Northern Marvels 2020 squad. Does she have a NZ link? Surprised an Import is allowed in Beko

Bluebird
    Participant

Great to see Ioane back. She’s such a ball winner.

NZChampion
    Participant

I didn’t know they have gone away with the short pass! Is that just for the ANZP or INF rule?

thunder123
    Participant

I thought the same thing re short pass. There was a lot around circle edge that seemed short.

Was impressed by Mather for Stars. It’s a shame that Kara and MRB are both predominantly WA players. Ionie looks to have found form again after her ACL.

Good to see Tui get court time and perform. Much better shot than Grapes. Not a fan of Toeva’s attitude on court. Mystics defensive pairing was impressive.

jaimie
    Participant

Grapes probably has the most bizzare shot style i have ever seen and its really not effective. Wilson again looking very strong but the rest of the stars attack end was a bit meh for me. What is the actual injury to Bailey Mes?

minkie
    Participant

Loose cartilage

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STARS v MYSTICS