2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STEEL v MAGIC

2020 ANZP ROUND 1 – STEEL v MAGIC2020-03-14T19:38:31+10:00
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Mikaere looking better than she had in a long time, even when she didn’t get the ball she didn’t stop trying. So happy the Magic got the win! McPhee really needs to learn to not use her elbows, hopefully someone works on that lol

Baller
      Participant

Ouch those shooting stats (in this game but also in the two other games). Hopefully early days with plenty more opportunities to improve.

mcleod
        Participant

Well I wonder if that was the last Netball game for a while. I be keen for them to keep playing it.
          They don’t have to use the big stadiums, just use the local farmers wool shed, or high school gym.

NettySuperFan
          Participant

Great game to watch, Magic can play so fast!! Magic are looking like really contenders, although I wouldn’t count Steel out entirely. Steel’s issues are obviously in the front end. O’Connell seems to have gone backwards, last season sitting on the bench probably wasn’t good for her, but who can blame the coach when you’ve got Potgeiter in your team! Come the second half of the season, when the O’Connell/McCollin combo has had time to gel, they should be able to take it to the tops teams, but it might be a bit late by then.

TB
            Participant

You would think with all the preseason training they’ve had, combinations should have gelled by now?
              I really enjoyed this game, and am glad Magic won. However I think Steel will improve a lot over the season. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they make finals.

I’m loving watching Magic’s attack end work. They have great speed through their midcourt, and ALM is doing some really good stuff out there. However I kind of feel (and I hope they prove me wrong) this is as good as they can get.

ahdz
              Participant

So the Steel will improve as the season goes on but the Magic in game one is as good as they’re gonna get? Ooookkkkk ?

TB
                Participant

I probably didn’t explain it properly. Their speed was very impressive, and I felt that got them over the Steel. However I can’t see them playing any faster than that. Like I said before, I hope they prove me wrong ?‍♂️

The Steel IMO didn’t have their best game, but still managed to stay in there. I feel they can really improve on this performance. In particular if their GS improves her shooting % they could be very hard to beat.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                Go to Top