2020 ANZP ROUND 2 – STARS v PULSE

2020 ANZP ROUND 2 – STARS v PULSE2020-06-26T17:03:18+10:00
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great stats from Jury. Well done, and only 1 penalty in three quarters compared to Miss F’s 13 for the whole game yesterday.

Full time: Pulse 63-39

Pulse:
        Dunn 44/46 (96%)
        Ekenasio 19/21 (90%

Stars:
        Wilson 30/36 (83%)
        Hume 8/11 (73%)
        Koloto 1/2 (50%)

Assists: Kersten 20
        Gains: Jury 9

Incredible performance from Pulse. Dominant all over. How is anyone going to stop them?

MVP: Maddy Gordon.

Another star of the future in NZ netball. Heck, she’s already a star of now!

JR
          Participant

Having had our planned loosening of restrictions delayed this weekend here in Vic, all those hugs are making me feel a bit weepy.

mcleod
            Participant

Gina Crampton and Whitney Souness will have to pull their socks up, as Maddy Gordon is leap frogging those 2 very quickly.

Waylay
              Participant

How strong is the WA (and whole midcourt) depth in NZ at the moment! Crampton, Toeava, Souness, Reuleu-Buchanan and now Maddy Gordon all stepping up – and Erikana Pederson made a solid return yesterday too. Crampton for me is still the standout, she’s the most consistent and has such a low error rate which fits the Ferns style. She puts some outstanding passes into O’Connell when there really isn’t much available a lot of the time.

Toeava is incredibly clever but I think her error rate is still too high. She committed 14 turnovers over the first 2 rounds, compared to Crampton’s 2 which is 10-12 goals right there.

al_ex
                Participant

I personally think Crampton has been a bit exposed at international level. Saunders was far stronger at NYC I think. But there’s so much choice in NZL right now, the league has improved so much and the level of depth in the mid court and defensive end is excellent.

It will be interesting to see it NZL players come over and play SSN again, there’d have to be a few players teams are looking closely at in the case of an injury.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                    Participant

Gordon Earle Poi Souness Heffnham. The future is bright for NZ netball

Never had so much depth in that midcourt.
                      Langman has a few more years also!

I think Crampton will need to step up big time to be the first choice WA. She was dominated by Elley

Bluebird
                      Participant

I think Centre was the weak point for Stars. Im surpirised Mather didnt come on at WD, or move Burley to WD, and Ioane move to C.

Waylay
                        Participant

None of those other WA’s would have put in the same performance that Crampton produced in the Gold Medal match at World Cup. Played her role perfectly. TS, Crampton had the better of Elley easily. It was the Tactix circle defence that were on top. Bit hard to shine as a feeder when both your shooters are always covered.

mcleod
                          Participant

Na Elley got the better of Crampton,

NZChampion
                              Participant

I thought it was good to see some of the old tricks still being used in NZ. Meafou using the post, Sulu/ Karaka using the lift (even though it didn’t work) and Gordan running the baseline after a wicked feed. Just awesome to see some of the tricks of the trade. Reminiscent of Maria, Temepara and Anna Harrison. What a start to the season!

thunder123
                                Participant

I think I said this around R1 too, feel for MRB. Dominated the WA position last year for the Stars and is now in her unfamiliar position of C. Wouldn’t mind seeing her in WA and Kara at C. Not sure Kara would be able to do the full 60 in C after having a baby. But worth a shot.
                                  Also maybe Kara in at GA. Can’t be any worse shooting wise than Hume!!

I can’t see how the Pulse will lose all year. Temu has done well in limited game time, we know what Tiana can do, also adding the WA position to her game. By far the strongest 10 in the comp. Who would’ve thought after losing Souness and Sulu, they have recruited just as strong.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Go to Top