2020 ANZP ROUND 3 – PULSE v MYSTICS

2020 ANZP ROUND 3 – PULSE v MYSTICS2020-07-02T09:27:41+10:00
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Great game! I wouldn’t have picked Rore for MVP, I would have went with Eke or had Metuarau played longer I would have given it to her. It was nice to see the Pulse mix up the shooting circle to make it even more mobile. Wasn’t fussed with Gordons game tonight, I thought she could have stayed off because her delivery into the circle was very hesitant and she threw a couple of bad passes in. Mystics were good though, it will be great to see them play each other again.

Kwkiwi
      Participant

Superb game. Go the Pulse! Metuarau came on well. Geez Fitzpatrick is a physical player. Thought Jury got outplayed by Nweke. Nweke will definitely be in the Ferns side at some stage. Loved watching Ameliaranne. What a class act.

thunder123
        Participant

Really would love to see Metaurua (sp) move to another club for consistent court time.
          She gets so many contact penalties against her defenders when she lifts the ball into their hands, has anyone else noticed this?

nanator
            Participant

Great game – probably the best of the season so far!
              The Mystics defense end was just choking the attack, but very impressed with the smarts and confidence to shoot from Metaurau. Burgess and Earle played their role perfectly.

Pulse defense end were good, but alot of turnover ball came from soft errors from the Mystics. This game will be a wealth of experience and bring confidence to Nweke, Tui and Earle. They’ll learn and come back stronger. Looking forward to the next two Pulse vs Mystics matchups

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by nanator.
              NZChampion
              Participant

The circle defensive stats for Mystics really tell a different story ? It’s like they did nothing all game except a couple rebounds. Phoenix apparently did nothing all game, but actually watching the game shows she did a mountain of work. The whole defence was solid on attack.

Hats off to Yvette and Pulse. Not sure they would have pulled that win off without Metuarau. Maybe she’s content playing from the bench. She certainly can change the entire attacking plan for Pulse.

Jinxibo
                Participant

So Tui, Grace, Metuarau, Earle, Gordon and Dunn are all up for U21 selection for the youth WC next year?

who is the NZ U21 coach?

thunder123
                  Participant

I don’t believe Dunn is eligable. Think she is too old

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                  Go to Top