2020 ANZP ROUND 5 – STARS v MAGIC

2020 ANZP ROUND 5 – STARS v MAGIC2020-07-12T09:24:13+10:00

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP ROUND 5 – STARS v MAGIC

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Participant

James, I agree with you totally. ACD seems to force that pass into the shooters when it’s clearly not on. She did it lots last season.

TS, yep Swift had a knee op and it is a waste of a spot. As I recall Kiri said they got her for her height. They would have been better off with Kate Lloyd.

al_ex
    Participant

Magic have a few too many players that are just too inconsistent and don’t deliver when it matters. McPhee, ALM, Cable-Dixon and Mikaere can all play really well but especially Cable-Dixon and the shooters seem to really go missing when the pressure’s on. I’m not sure if it’s experience or whether they’re not quite up to the level, but it’s cost Magic a few games they should have won.

Jamie Hume is so frustrating for me. I actually really like her ball-handling and movement and I think she creates good space in the circle but she is still barely making the 60s in her shooting. Maybe her shot needs to be reworked or she needs to practice some more but if her percentage improved the Stars would also win a few more matches. I wonder if the Stars would have been better looking for an import shooter instead of defender. with the way Wilson is moving now she’d be more than capable of playing some GA.

Jinxibo
    Participant

don’t forget stars lost Naoupu during lockdown. So technically they can just swap Swift for Mahi :mail:

nanator
    Participant

I’ve been very impressed with Maihi in the last two games. She has great footwork and seems quite tall. Smart defender. Anyone know how old she is?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forums New Zealand 2020 ANZP ROUND 5 – STARS v MAGIC