2020 ANZP ROUND 6 – PULSE v MYSTICS

2020 ANZP ROUND 6 – PULSE v MYSTICS2020-07-18T00:50:39+10:00
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Oh no! A late penalty against Nweke means Mystics miss out on a bonus point. What an amazing fightback. Pulse just took the foot off the pedal slightly and Mystics grew in confidence. Final score: Pulse 44-38

Waylay
      Participant

Iverson made a huge impact at WA.

Full time: Pulse 44-38

Pulse:
          Dunn 24/29 (83%)
          Ekenasio 14/19 (74%)
          Metuarau 6/11 (55%)

Mystics:
          Nweke 37/39 (95%)
          Tui 1/1 (100%)
          Grapes 0/0

Assists: Gordon 18
          Gains: Burger 4

MVP: Burger

Mystics will be very frustrated, but Pulse a deserved win.

Baller
            Participant

I wasn’t expecting the first half! The Pulse obviously did their homework. Great fight back from the Mystics, just a little late.

Games like this highlight why young players need to go through development squads.

Interesting how NT regularly works with the Mystics testing how players respond to directions.

Again, we have to remember that Bailey Mes and Micaela Sokolich-Beatson are missing from this Mystics lineup. Mes in particular is being missed. They can’t seem to work out their GA position. Just imagine if Mes was there supporting Nweke. It would be a very formidable team.

JR
                Participant

absolutely Ian, two huge losses for the Mystics.

Bluebird
                  Participant

I think the main problem is that Mystics has become a one trick pony. Their game plan is just lob it into the very tall GS who will only shoot from under the post. One on one marking is the way to break down their attack. Its their strong defence in the circle thats really been giving them the wins.

TACTIXSUPPORTER
                    Participant

Grapes is a WA C. Not a GA. Unsure why they went for her.
                      Oh well, hopefully Tactix can win against Pulse and Steel and jump into that 2nd spot

al_ex
                      Participant

I’m not really sure what Wilson sees in Grapes to even have here in the squad let alone starting. If Tui can’t run out a full game at GA they should bring Vui back, she was solid yesterday and presents well.

Nweke has a lot of improvements to make before she achieves higher honours. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her leave the circle or shoot from more than a metre from the post. Still very strong for her age and NZL will dominate at WYC if we manage to get one.

The Pulse are beautiful to watch in full flight. Good fight from the Mystics to bring it back close but when the Pulse front end is truly firing they’re so difficult to stop.

Jinxibo
                          Participant

Not a good game for the Mystics. I don’t think they are a one trick pony but since Wilson decided to mix things up, namely that game when she started with Grace on the bench, they don’t seem to have recovered. It’s almost like she psyched out her own team.

TS, I agree Vui is a better option, she’s as quick as Grapes and she can shoot.

IMO Karaka and Earle had a bad weekend, neither of them played to their full potential. Toeava got out played and Wilson, in her wisdom, made some strange coaching decisions (why did Burgess not start as WD for one). Hopefully Dame Noels has given her some food for thought.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                          Go to Top